If you’re too lazy to get your butt off from the couch to go check out who’s at the door whenever the doorbell rings, the iDoorCam is definitely perfect for you lazy a**es because this nifty gadget allows you to see, hear and speak with a person at your door from exactly wherever you are.
Developed by technology industry veterans, iDoorCam gives users a cutting-edge way that make answering the front door convenient and easy. The beautifully designed iDoorCam device replaces a current doorbell and connects to a home’s WiFi network. When a visitor pushes the button, the device sends an alert to a user’s smartphone or tablet and they can choose to ignore or answer the call. If answered, the user will see, hear and speak to the person at the front door. The call from the digital doorbell is routed to the mobile device over both WiFi and cellular networks.
“iDoorCam began with a single mission: to create technology that improves our everyday lives and helps people stay connected to their homes. As a busy executive who travels often, I am constantly on the go and needed a way to ‘be home’ even when I wasn’t. Being able to keep tabs on the house while traveling, brought me peace of mind,” said Desiree Mejia, co-founder and CEO, iDoorCam. “When it comes to connected gadgets, people are seeking simplicity, and iDoorCam is easy to install and easy to use. iDoorCam gives everyone exactly what they want — anytime, anywhere connectivity to their home.”
No other doorbell device offers an advanced feature set that includes:
- Multiple users: allows for unlimited users on an account so an entire family can receive alerts when a visitor rings the doorbell
- User initiation: users can initiate communication with the front door through their mobile device, even if the visitor doesn’t ring the bell
- Patent-pending motion sensor technology: primes connection and starts call before button is pressed, resulting in faster connections and reduced delays
- Night vision with infrared LED camera: captures video in total darkness
- LED indicator: notifies user when WiFi connection is lost
- Do not disturb mode: allows a user to turn off their traditional home chime so it does not make a sound in the house
- Automatic updates: updates device without having to sync or plug into a computer
Secure connection: provides an unparalleled level of encryption and SSL for bank-level security
- 2-Way Voice – 1-Way Video: homeowner sees and hears visitor; visitor hears homeowner
iDoorCam is perfect for parents, frequent travelers, on-the-go professionals, senior citizens, or anybody who wants to stay connected with their homes. iDoorCam will be available to the general public at www.idoorcam.com for a retail price of $164.95 and is expected to ship in time for the holiday season.
(Images via iDoorCam)